Where to start


You can choose to start with the theses tabs at the top for an overview.

And you might enjoy my (cheap) bathroom reader book, Treasure Trove in Passing Vessels

And don't miss my Hurricane Katrina blog.



Friday, December 5, 2014

Do you really know me?

I've talked to skeptics who are sincere seekers of the real Jesus, but they are bogged down by stereotypes of Jesus and his alleged followers.

A parallel: what if someone tried to get to know me by challenging my background and education, investigating where I've traveled ("he lived in Germany - do you suppose he was influenced by Nazis?"), searching my tax records and store receipts. They looked into historical records, Internet and fictional accounts. They found a Dave Harris who lived in Borneo. And one in Moscow. One who married a witch. Dave worked for the Department of Defense, so he must be a belligerent. They interviewed a former disgruntled employee. "Aha! We know who Dave Harris is!"  They worked with the assumption I never did any good works, and that the real Dave would only speak in short, pithy phrases and denies the supernatural. Too bad. They never took the time to know me. To love me. To experience my love.

Sadly, they never bothered to talk to me, to know the real me.

And that's how they investigate the Ancient of Days who created them and knew them before the beginning of time, who loves them and yearns for their company, who wants to be their best friend.

Tragically, they cling to their stereotypes, and seek empty, meaningless lives. The enemy has robbed them of purpose.

Jesus said,  "The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life." John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment