Where to start


You can choose to start with the theses tabs at the top for an overview.

And you might enjoy my (cheap) bathroom reader book, Treasure Trove in Passing Vessels

And don't miss my Hurricane Katrina blog.



Tuesday, September 22, 2015

An honest look at Mormonism - a balanced presentation

Two Mormons showed up on my doorstep again. Really. I was friendly. They were friendly. I told a Mormon joke. They said they tell Mormon jokes to each other. I asked to hear one. They told me, "Why do you want to take two Mormons with you camping, and not just one?" I dunno. "Because if you take just one, he'll drink all your beer!" I was in a chat room with Mormons for a couple years. I pointed out that there were 4,000 errors in the Book of Mormon, and that there wasn't a single shred of evidence for the huge cities written about therein, as opposed to bountiful archaeological evidence for the Bible. A historian of the church said, "That's right. There is no evidence for the Book of Mormon. You must accept it all on faith." 

I watched the PBS series, "The Mormons," which is a balanced view of the good, the bad and the ugly. Professors at Brigham Young University went to LDS leaders and told them the history they were told to teach was bogus. The professors were excommunicated. Interviewed later, in tears, they said they missed the community. One ex-Mormon bishop told me Satan informed him which houses on a block would be vulnerable to the Mormon message. This former bishop told me that Satan tells 20 truths to plant just one lie. 

I ask just one thing. Before you react to this post, please view all three videos to get a fuller perspective.
The series is here.

Short Animated

Longer Animated


No comments:

Post a Comment