Where to start


You can choose to start with the theses tabs at the top for an overview.

And you might enjoy my (cheap) bathroom reader book, Treasure Trove in Passing Vessels

And don't miss my Hurricane Katrina blog.



Thursday, September 10, 2015

What would you do if an atheist challenged your right to pray in public?



CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Me? I would hope I could respond in love, perhaps offering to buy her meal and inviting her to chat with some questions: 1. Why does it make her uncomfortable? 2. If other atheists can practice tolerance, what blocks hers? 3. If prayer in public was practiced for centuries, why is it a fad to practice intolerance now? 4. Is her position a proven fact or a belief? 5. Why should her belief take precedence in public and not mine? 6. Has she heard atheist Andy Rooney's take? When he is in the Middle East he isn't bothered by a Muslim prayer, and accordingly, he isn't bothered by a prayer at a football game. 7. If you were wrong about atheism, would you want to know? And yes, if I were wrong about my beliefs, I would certainly want to know. 8. Would you care to hear of some of the scientific and logical evidence behind my beliefs? 9. Would you like to come to our home to learn more? 10. If you were to die today, what would happen to you? 11. If you died and discovered Jesus saying to you, "Why should I let you into my Heaven?," how would you answer? 12. Did you know that there are two ways to go to Heaven? a. Accept Jesus' offer of his gift to take my punishment on the Cross for my sin; or b. Live a perfect life. Which appeals to you? 13. Have you investigated the overwhelming evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus? 14. Have you ever told a lie? 15. Have you ever stolen anything? 16. Did you know that Christianity reaches out to the whole word? For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have eternal life. John 3:16 17. How much do you know of all the information there is to know in the universe? Let's say you know 1%. Could God be in the other 99% you don't know? 18. Would you consider accepting the love and forgiveness of your own personal Savior? If so, repeat after me, but only if you sincerely mean it: "God, if you really exist, I accept your gift offer. I'm taking a small step of faith in accepting Your Son Jesus as my Savior and Lord. Jesus, forgive my sins and transform my life. I understand that you do not promise an easy life, but since you now live inside me, you will see me though any situation and give me love and joy in the midst of sorrow and hope beyond my imagination. I praise you for putting me here and now with a purpose and I look forward to blissful, everlasting life with you. I want to know you more and more by reading your Word, by serving and fellowship with other believers. In the Name of Jesus I pray, Amen." If you prayed this prayer, message me on Facebook or email me and let's talk some more about your abundant life going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment