Where to start


You can choose to start with the theses tabs at the top for an overview.

And you might enjoy my (cheap) bathroom reader book, Treasure Trove in Passing Vessels

And don't miss my Hurricane Katrina blog.



Friday, September 4, 2015

Did Jesus claim to be God?



His enemies thought He claimed to be God

Undeniable, in many forms

Only after clicking on the above articles I would add my own thoughts: In Matthew 16, Peter said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God." What did Jesus do? He commended Peter, saying that the Father revealed it to Peter.

When doubting Thomas thrust his hand in Jesus' side and the nail prints in His hands, Thomas said, "My Lord and my God." A Jehovah's Witness told me and unbelievably demonstrated that he was looking at Jesus and saying, "My Lord..." and then the JW turned backward and said, "...and my God."

I was a media spokesman for the Department of Defense for four decades. I was accused of being a "spinmeister." But the JW's twist was the second most preposterous "spin" I ever heard! The first was Satan's to Eve in Eden.

Other JWs, acknowledging the absurdity of the twist, suggested Thomas was cursing. This, again, is beyond belief among devout Jews. Did Jesus react in outrage? No. He commended Thomas.

I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment